Frequently Asked Questions
What types of paper are your prints and charts printed on?
Most of our grahics are available on three types of paper: standard premium paper; fine art paper; and stretched canvas.
Our standard premium paper is a medium-weight matte paper which is far thicker than the typical poster or print paper. It ranges from 80 lb to 100 lb cover stock depending on the print.
Fine art paper is a heavy-weight, high-quality, fine art archival paper. It has a beautiful look and feel, and is acid free and pH buffered to preserve the print. The paper is engineered to provide the highest resolution and color saturation possible.
Our third media option is canvas. The graphic is custom printed on textured canvas, stretched over a 1 1/2 inch thick wooden frame and gallery wrapped with black edges. Canvas wrap provides a contemporary, stylish look and feel; and it is ready to hang. Available for US orders only.
What framing options do you provide?
We offer two options: wood mounted and framed. For both options, the graphic is printed on medium-weight matte paper. Available for US orders only.
Wood mounted (also known as plaque mounted) is an easy and appealing alternative to custom framing. Your print is mounted to a hardboard and a protective laminate is applied to the surface of the print. The edges are shaped with a 45 degree bevel, finish-sanded and painted black. The back side is routed with a custom keyhole for hanging.
Our framed prints are dry mounted on a foam core. We use high-quality acrylic instead of glass because: it's less prone to breakage; it weighs less; it has the same clarity as glass; and it has better UV protection.
How do you ship and what are your shipping charges?
Our prints are carefully hand rolled in tissue paper or plastic sleeves and mailed in heavy duty tubes or boxes. We use Fedex, UPS and the US Postal Service for shipping our prints.
When can I expect to receive my order?
Delivery time equals processing time plus shipping time. See below for estimated processing times and shipping times for all of our products and services.
Processing Time: Print orders are usually processed within 1 to 3 business days. Framed and stretched canvas orders take about 2 weeks.
Shipping Time: Shipping times are dependent on the shipping method and the destination, see below:Domestic Orders
- We use USPS, Fedex and UPS for shipping. For PO Boxes the USPS is used.
- Standard shipping (USPS or Fedex ground) shipping times: 1 to 6 business days.
- Fedex 2nd day: 2 business days.
- Fedex overnight: 1 business days.
- ** Fedex does not count the weekends as business days. For example, 2nd day orders shipped on Thursday will arrive on the next Monday. 2nd day orders shipped on Friday will arrive the next Tuesday.
- Framed and mounted orders shipping times: 1 to 5 business days.
- We use USPS for international orders. Unfortunately USPS does not provide tracking details.
- USPS shipping time: 6 to 15 business days (often longer depending on the country).
- ** International orders may take longer based on local country conditions.
- There may a customs fee or VAT due when your order arrives at your location.
Is there any sales tax?
If you ship the prints to a location in Massachusetts then a 6.25% sales tax is added to the total amount of your order.
What happens if I am unsatisfied with my purchase?
We offer a 'no questions asked' 30-day return policy. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will refund the purchase price of the print(s) including the outbound shipping costs within the first 30 days after you receive the prints.
To be eligible for refund or replacement, please send back the print(s) to us in the original tube if possible. Send the print(s) to the address below. We will refund your account or replace the print(s) as soon as the return is received.