Frequently Asked Questions
What types of paper are your prints and charts printed on?
Our standard premium paper is a medium-weight, matte paper which is far thicker than the typical poster or print paper. It ranges from 80 lb to 100 lb cover stock depending on the print. We use vivid, archival inks.
What framing and mounting options do you provide?
We offer two options: stretched canvas and framed. Available for US orders only.
Our stretched canvas prints are custom printed on textured canvas, stretched over a 1 1/2 inch thick wooden frame and gallery wrapped with black edges. Canvas wrap provides a stylish, gallery look and feel at a reasonable cost. It is ready to hang.
Our framed prints are custom framed using a 7/8 inch black wood frame with a simple rectangular profile and a smooth, satiny finish providing a casual feel. The graphic is printed on our premium paper and dry mounted on a foam core. We use high-quality acrylic instead of glass because: it's less prone to breakage; it weighs less; it has the same clarity as glass; and it has better UV protection.
How do you ship and what are your shipping charges?
Our prints are carefully hand rolled in tissue paper or plastic sleeves and mailed in heavy duty tubes or boxes. We use US Postal Service, Fedex, and UPS for shipping our prints.
When can I expect to receive my order?
Processing and shipping times are running about 1 to 2 weeks longer due to the current problems with USPS and the Covid situation. We hope to normal processing and shipping times will resume soon. Thank you for your support and patience, the HistoryShots team.
Delivery time equals processing time plus shipping time. See below for estimated processing times and shipping times for all of our products and services.
Processing Time: Print orders are usually processed within 4 to 6 business days. Framed and canvas orders take 2 to 3 weeks to be processed because each order is custom made.
Shipping Time: Shipping times are dependent on the shipping method and the destination, see below:Domestic Orders
- We use USPS, Fedex and UPS for shipping. For PO Boxes the USPS is used.
- Standard shipping (USPS or Fedex ground) shipping times: 1 to 6 business days.
- Fedex 2nd day: 2 business days.
- ** Fedex does not count the weekends as business days. For example, 2nd day orders shipped on Thursday will arrive on the next Monday. 2nd day orders shipped on Friday will arrive the next Tuesday.
- Framed and mounted orders shipping times: 1 to 7 business days.
- We use USPS for international orders. Unfortunately USPS does not provide tracking details.
- USPS shipping time: 7 to 25 business days (often longer depending on the country).
- PLEASE NOTE: International orders may take longer based on local country conditions.
- There may a customs fee or VAT due when your order arrives at your location.
Is there any sales tax?
If you ship the prints to a location in Massachusetts then a 6.25% sales tax is added to the total amount of your order.
If you ship to an international destination there may a customs fee or VAT due when your order arrives at your location.
What happens if I am unsatisfied with my purchase?
We offer a 30-day return policy on all non-framed prints. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send back the print(s) to us in the original tube if possible to the address below. We will refund your account or replace the print(s) as soon as the return is received.
Please note we do not offer returns/refunds for framed and canvas prints because each one is custom made.
99 Hayden Ave, Suite 610
Lexington, MA 02421